



Not having a job has definitely allowed me to do many things I would not have normally been able to do and I am thankful for that, but I will definitely be thankful for a job if one ever opens up! I finished up my last month at Mississippi State and am officially an MSU alumni. I traveled with my dad to Mens Apparel Market in New York in July and had an absolutely amazing time! I was in no way ready to leave. While we were there, I met a friend from MSU for dinner one night and we had so much fun catching up. The other nights, I met up with some younger retailers and we all went out; I had so much fun with them! They are all such great guys and I really enjoy the little time that we get to spend together; I wish we all lived a little closer to each other!
On another fun note, I just got back from the beach. My friends and I decided to take a quick, much needed vacation before everyone went back to school and/or looked for jobs. We had the most amazing trip, and I am already having withdrawals! Besides family vacation, that was probably one of my most fun trips with my friends. We layed out, played lots of paddle ball, volleyball, frisbee, and many other fun games!
On a more serious note: Butterflies, butterflies, and more butterflies.
I am one that normally likes to plan things out ahead of time before I do them and looking for a job has been everything but normal and predictive. I cannot remember a time in my life in which I had absolutely no idea what I would be doing; everything has always been planned months in advance and this change has definitely been a challenge. I am so nervous that it almost makes me sick just thinking about it; I know I shouldnt be but I need a job, and I want it to be the right job, one that I will enjoy.
Last week, I went to 18 different companies in Birmingham in hopes it might get me further than applying online and only 6 companies took my resume. Everything is online and paperless now, I sometimes wonder how anyone finds a job! Most of my friends gave up job hunting a while back losing all hope of any potential openings and that is one thing that I am trying so hard not to do.
I have an interview in Jackson on Monday, Meridian on Tuesday, and I am working in a showroom at Womens Apparel Market in Atlanta Wednesday through Sunday. I am soo excited about showing a line at market; that is right up my alley! I love retail and would LOVE a full-time job in it!
I found out today that I have a really big interview coming up with an insurance agency in September, wish me luck..Im super nervous about it! I have to write an 8-10 page business proposal and give a 15 min. presentation on the proposal. All odds are against me I am afraid considering that I am a female and so young, but it would be an absolutely amazing opportunity if I am offered it. Fingers crossed it works out!
On another note, my sister suffered a concussion this past week, so keep her in mind as she is recovering. I never realized just how traumatic they are until I got home today and saw her. She is in a lot of pain and barely getting around so keep her in your prayers!
I hope everyone is doing well!
On another fun note, I just got back from the beach. My friends and I decided to take a quick, much needed vacation before everyone went back to school and/or looked for jobs. We had the most amazing trip, and I am already having withdrawals! Besides family vacation, that was probably one of my most fun trips with my friends. We layed out, played lots of paddle ball, volleyball, frisbee, and many other fun games!
On a more serious note: Butterflies, butterflies, and more butterflies.
I am one that normally likes to plan things out ahead of time before I do them and looking for a job has been everything but normal and predictive. I cannot remember a time in my life in which I had absolutely no idea what I would be doing; everything has always been planned months in advance and this change has definitely been a challenge. I am so nervous that it almost makes me sick just thinking about it; I know I shouldnt be but I need a job, and I want it to be the right job, one that I will enjoy.
Last week, I went to 18 different companies in Birmingham in hopes it might get me further than applying online and only 6 companies took my resume. Everything is online and paperless now, I sometimes wonder how anyone finds a job! Most of my friends gave up job hunting a while back losing all hope of any potential openings and that is one thing that I am trying so hard not to do.
I have an interview in Jackson on Monday, Meridian on Tuesday, and I am working in a showroom at Womens Apparel Market in Atlanta Wednesday through Sunday. I am soo excited about showing a line at market; that is right up my alley! I love retail and would LOVE a full-time job in it!
I found out today that I have a really big interview coming up with an insurance agency in September, wish me luck..Im super nervous about it! I have to write an 8-10 page business proposal and give a 15 min. presentation on the proposal. All odds are against me I am afraid considering that I am a female and so young, but it would be an absolutely amazing opportunity if I am offered it. Fingers crossed it works out!
On another note, my sister suffered a concussion this past week, so keep her in mind as she is recovering. I never realized just how traumatic they are until I got home today and saw her. She is in a lot of pain and barely getting around so keep her in your prayers!
I hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment