Rodriguez, your job is in danger; Mississippi State indeed WON the Gator Bowl, and what a very happy new year it was! Just got in from Jacksonville and what an amazing weekend it was!
Lets just say that my body is aching from cutting a rug on the dance floor, my arm is aching from ringing my cowbell consistently throughout the game, and my throat is aching for absolutely no apparent reason. Counting the minutes down until I climb into bed. Successful New Years indeed.
My New Years Eve consisted of work, flight delays, and the Dawg Pound Party at the Jacksonville Convention Center with my Mississippi State family. I felt as if it was just one extra-large college reunion-so fun! Saturday we went to the game, dinner, and then out in the Landing. The game was absolutely nothing short of amazing! Mississippi State is a totally different team from what they were this time last year and I'm excited for next season already! With 6 ill players, it was still a total domination. What a great day to be a Bulldog! And of course, the long journey back began early this morning. Let's just say that none of us were ready to come back! The weather couldn't have been any more perfect and Jacksonville was so fun. I've flown into the JAX airport a time or two but had never been downtown Jacksonville. It was a really fun city!
If you didn't already know, I'm kind of in love..with my friends that is! We, once again, had an amazing time together and I hated that we all had to leave each other again today! It was so great catching up-oh what I would give to all live in the same city again! We're literally spread throughout the entire southeastern U.S.
I apologize to any of you who called/text and I didn't respond to your message...promise I'm returning them all soon :) I didn't answer my phone just about all weekend and for the first time in a long time, it was really nice!
On another note, Happy 2011 friends!! As I thought back on last year, I couldn't help but think of everything that has gone on in a year. I would literally be up all night if I had to make a list, but a lot has happened within this year. I know I reference it a lot, but I love reading articles on Boundless.org; they have some good articles from time-to-time. They're not as good this year as in past(with staffing changes and what not) but they still have an article or two on occasions that I enjoy reading and they've got some good New Years articles up now. I don't really get into "New Years Resolutions" and what not, but I guess this year I'll try and "live in the moment" a little bit more than I tend to do now.
I love to travel, and one of my most favorite things about it is that I meet so many amazing new people every time I do. I've been so fortunate here lately to have met so many new people in the airport, sitting next to me on a plane, etc. I can't even begin to count everyone that I've met here recently but it's funny the things that we all have in common and the new friendships that I've formed out of a simple conversation. Lets just say that the countdown to NYC has already begun!
And as for a New Years Resolution:
MSU to the SEC Championship!!
*Pictures to come soon.
*Pictures to come soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment